✈ Singapore 2023 — My Free River Dining Cruise Experience (Yes, FREE!)

The title is no joke, I did get to go on a Singapore river dining cruise recently (last May!) and it was for free. FOR REAL.

For the life of me, I haven't really thought I'd ride a cruise ever or okay, like, sometime soon, but the opportunity came in the form of this social media post:


Following travel pages has never paid off as much as this 😄

Basically, as a traveler to SG arriving from flight, you make your SingapoRewards account and then you're eligible to a free reward or experience. There's a LOT to choose from and they're first-come, first-served basis. Like, you reserve a slot.

Back then, I was actually torn if my sis and I should go for S.E.A. Aquarium (because I've never been to any marine theme park) or Singapore Zoo (I wanna see giraffes because Mino!) but I thought otherwise because of like distance and schedule constraints, blah~

I ultimately chose the river cruise because again, I've also never experienced that and it seemed like, not the common experience when you go to Singapore, right?

So we booked it separately at the same time— yep, you'll have to book for yourself so if you have any companions then you each gotta coordinate to get the same timeslots. The cruise has 4 schedules hourly (3PM to 6PM) and we chose 6PM because the free food is chili crab claw. Uh-huh, there's free food too! I swear, what a super cool deal 👏

When you arrive in SG, you'll have to confirm your arrival then they'll officially issue you your ticket. You'll present this upon entry. Of course, bring your passport as well for identification. No but traveling abroad, you gotta always bring it anyway~


We proceeded to WaterB Fort Canning after our time at Universal Studios, and as you can see from the tickets, this river cruise is again, free! ZERO POINT ZERO ZERO. We were the first few ones to arrive and good thing, we were also able to hop into the boat first and get dibs on the spot near the little viewing deck.


We got our free snack/dinner + water then after a few minutes, the cruise set off~ I did take more videos than photos so here's my TikTok post to show you how the cruise went.

@pearlyjane.com Tip: snap first, eat on the way back 😉🫶 #singapore #singaporetravel #sgtiktok ♬ Good Parts (when the quality is bad but I am)

 A core memory for me, aside from the cruise itself, is seeing locals and waving back to them (yes, they waved first, especially kids!) and it's just an adorable thing, you know? Like, that doesn't happen everyday, and for someone like me who works at home 90-99% of the time, it's just welcome fun 😊

My little tip would be to enjoy the views first before eating. I mean, you can multitask but if you're like me who wants to film as well, then it's really just better to eat on the way back or even bring it home since it's already packed.

It was so amazing to see the iconic Marina Bay Sands, among others, from this viewpoint. You can see it from Merlion Park area but I do think the view from here is just so much more stunning. Like, you really see the towers closer. I have never thought you could do that 😅


The other iconic places you'll see: the ArtScience Museum (in above photo behind us), Singapore Flyer, Helix Bridge and Merlion Park. So with just 1 ride, you'll have definitely covered Singapore's best spots!

I don't know when SingapoRewards will end but if you're planning to go or going to SG soon this 2023, I'm telling you to avail an experience (here's a nudge for you to try this river cruise!) since it's totally free and offered to us, short-term visitors 😉

Let me know if you tried it out and what free reward you enjoyed!! 🇸🇬

0 Comments

Follow Me on Instagram